Sunday, September 6, 2015

ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE # 280 "BACK TO SCHOOL!"


Hello Everyone!! I'm back from my big move to my new home and last. I still have boxes to unpack but there was a lot of cleaning to do before unpacking. I absolutely love my new home. It's much more peaceful where I am. My daughter is five minutes from her best friend and her friends mom drives them to school and back. She goes right by here anyway so she volunteered. I pick up when she can't so it's very convenient. My daughter has more friends here then she thought so she is really happy. I also see my husband more because we moved closer to where he works. Nice having dinner at a decent time now. But, I truly miss my scrapbooking and cardmaking. I don't have everything in place and I'm still looking through boxes to get what I need. My plan didn't work out where the boxes I needed to unpack first went in the area that I had set up. Not good for me at all. I am working on it though. Enough about the move and on to the challenge. 

Back To School. I'm sure there were many parents cheering on this day. Everyone around here started late in August but my daughter started the 13th of August and they are thinking of doing it even earlier next year. Crazy!! So making this card was great. I used an image called "Computer Wiz." The image is from out great owner and designer Robyn. While on my little vacation I come up with an idea for this card I wanted to make. Since I was working with a computer wiz, I wanted to use actual keyboard keys to spell out "Genius." I think they turned out pretty good and I recycled something also. I'm taking the rest of the keys off in case I may need them again. You just never know. So, let me tell you what Robyn will be giving you for this week's prize.

3 Images Of The Winner's Choice
From

Now here is my card that I called "Genius"


I hope you like it. It's always great to make something with recycled items. The keys only look like they are off is because the paper with the squares are all different ways. You have to look close to notice. Here are the items I used to make this card.

Cardmaking --  The Paper Studio
Paper -- DCWV (The Grade School Pack)
Recycled Keyboard Keys
Embellishments -- Dress It Up
Colored Markers
Colored Pencils

Now my post is complete. Wait no it's not. We are having a DT call for The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog. If you have ever thought about being on a design team but you never been on one. Join this family. All the information you need is right here at this url. http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/p/current-dt-call
This DT call will be going on until the end of September. Don't be afraid and read the information and submit it. This is one fun team that you would want to be on.

Thanks for reading. I will be back next week with an all new challenge and card. You have a great Labor Day Weekend.


4 comments:

susan said...

What a cute card! The computer keys are a really creative idea and a wonderful embellishment for this image. Kids are so computer savvy today. I bet any kid would love to get this card.
The colors in the paper are so cheerful. They are perfect for a young child. There are so many adorable school embellishments on this! I love those tiny scissors and eyeglasses. So cute! That ribbon is wonderful. It looks just like a real ruler. How cute is that? Great card and welcome back! Thank you!

Edwina said...

Hi Michelle, I was wondering where you got the computer keys at so I looked at your list of supplies. That is a terrific ide to recycle them and use them on your card. I love all your embellishments. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Robin Parker said...

What an ingenious idea using keyboard keys, they are perfect embellishments for your creation.

cass said...

So much fun, love the use of the keys, brilliant idea and great6 inspiration for all of us.