Sunday, May 31, 2015

ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE 266 "MAKE YOUR OWN FLOWERS"


Good Morning!!! I hope that the rest of your Memorial Weekend was nice. Mine was OK, but , this weekend was really nice. My daughter is finished with this school year and she is now officially a sophomore. I'm not to say that because she doesn't want to grow up or even be a sophomore. She was this same way before she went into her freshman year. So, yesterday we went shopping and I mean shopping. My husband was with us so did go to some manly stores. We made her day because we went shopping for summer clothes for her and some other things she wanted. It was nice just hanging out all day as a family since she hasn't been home since her last day of school. You would think they would take a break from each other for awhile. I'm just glad that she is enjoying her teenage years before she does have to grow up and be an adult. When that comes I will be lost because all my kids will be gone. I look at it also more time with the hubby.

Wow, I didn't mean to right a book. Now, let's get to our great sponsor and another great challenge. We get to make our own flowers. I'm still learning how to make different one's so I made mine from an editorial from Edwina (One of Our Design Team Members). Every week she has a new tutorial on our site that you can learn different things she makes. Sami Stamps is our great sponsor for this week. They actually just released a new stamp called, "Birthday Balloon Friends." You may want to check this out so you can enter the challenge to win that. They let me use the digital stamp "Little Boy Dreams." He is a cute little baby that is sleeping. I could of went with several sketches that I thought of but this one was different then I have made. I think it turned out cute. Here is the prize for our lucky winner.

$12.00 Gift Certificate
To
Sami's Stamp Shop

Here is my card called "The Greatest Gift"


My flower is a little big but I think it is cute with the elephant in the middle. It doesn't matter how little I start making one of these flowers, they always end up bigger then I wanted. I will get it one of these days. I do know if I used yellow and brown it could have been a sun flower. While I was shopping yesterday, I actually bought a book to show me how to make about 100 different flowers. It will be exciting to work with. Now here are the items that I used to make my little card.

Cardstock -- The Paper Studio
Paper -- The Paper Studio & Debbie Mumm
Embellishments -- Dress It Up
Flower -- RibbonFX (Blue Polka Dot) & Decorative Trim (White)
Rhinestones -- The Paper Studio
Font -- Joshshand
Colored Markers
Colored Pencils

Thank You for stopping by this week. I do hope to see your creations with the flowers that you made. When you do go to Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog take a look at all the different the flowers the design team made to give you some ideas. Have a great week and I will see you soon.

2 comments:

Edwina said...

Hi Michelle, Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I have been admiring your flower. I saw it Sunday on the RF post. Your card is so cute. I love all the baby embellishments. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

cass said...

Precious card Michelle, gorgeous flower.