Sunday, February 22, 2015

ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE #252 "BIRTHDAY CARDS FOR A TEENAGE GIRL"


Good Morning again for another Sunday Challenge. Believe it or not this is the last challenge for the month of February. This is also the weekend of the first major snow storm for the winter. I know people may think I'm crazy but I am loving it. It's so pretty watching the snow fall and how it looks on the trees outside. My daughter has been out of school all last week and my husband was told that they weren't going to work either. I have had the whole family home this past week. It's been nice spending some time together but I think my daughter is getting cabin fever. She actually loves going to school and she is missing her soccer practices. This is great Ohio weather. That's why I won't live anywhere else. I have always said that winter was my favorite season.

I like the challenge that we have this week. Now that my daughter is a teenager this was perfect for me to do. Deedee's Digis is our great sponsor for this week. I just love the different categories they have in their shop. I picked the digital stamp called "Fluttering By." This has a butterfly by itself and also a butterfly on a flower. I used the one with the flower. I have so many people in my family that loves butterflies it seemed perfect to make a teenage card with them. Before I go on to show you my card with this beautiful image, let me tell you about the prize Deedee's Digis is giving to one lucky winner.

$15 Gift Certificate
To
Deedee's Digis Store

Now, let me show you the card I made with "Fluttering By."



I knew that this paper would be perfect for this image. I added the maroon and purple cardstock behind the butterfly paper just to make it pop a little bit more. I thought the added flowers looked good with the flower I colored under the butterfly. I've heard the sentiment before so that's what I used. I just don't know if I heard them together of at different times. I think it went well together. Here is what I used to make this card for a teenager.

Cardstock -- The Paper Studio
Paper -- The Paper Studio
Font -- Curlz MT
Flower With Rhinestone In Middle -- Prima Flowers
Light Purple Flowers -- Wilton (Memories Of The Heart)
White Flowers -- Wild Orchid Crafts & Hobby Lobby
Colored Markers
Colored Pencils

Well, he we are. Done with another post and the last one of the month. I hope you found some inspiration from my card and you can get some more inspiration from our design team's cards that are at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog. Love to see what you enter this week. Have a Wonderful Week and I will see you next month. LOL


2 comments:

cass said...

Pretty card Michelle, wonderful DT inspiration for this week challenge.

Edwina said...

Michelle, This card is beautiful! One of the best you have made. I love the background paper and the flowers you used. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown