Sunday, September 21, 2014

ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE #230 "USE A DIE CUT OR PUNCH"


Good Morning to everyone. Sorry I was not here last week but my embossing machine was broke and I hadn't been able to get a new one yet. I feel like I'm my daughter's personal ATM machine. Everything hit me in two weeks and after it was all done I spent about $300 for everything. I'm not done either. I have her school fees coming up next month. I had to take all the money I had saved up for my machine to give to her. High school is more expensive then I would have ever thought. Last night was her very first homecoming. The dress code changed since I was in school. They actually were formal wear to these dances. I'm glad her dress was on sale because she needed shoes also. The girls went as a group and they were absolutely beautiful. 

I could go on and on but we have a challenge that we need to get to. As you can see you are to use a punch or die cut. I used a punch on mine and I think it turned out great. We have a great sponsor this week and they are Lacy Sunshine. I have used their images before and I was excited to used another one. The one I used this time is called Eleanor & Pickles "Decking The Halls." She is a cute little girl holding a Christmas wreath with Pickles the frog sitting on the wreath. So adorable. Before I show you my card let me tell you what that winner will win this week.

$20 Gift Certificate
To
Lacy Sunshine Store

Now I want to tell you a little bit about my card before I show you. The card is a 6 inch circle made like a wreath with my image in the middle. I put light bulbs around the punched wreath. Here is the card and I hope you enjoy it. 


Is this not the most adorable image. I didn't want to put the girl in Christmas colors. I wanted her to have a lighter color to offset the original Christmas colors. I love the way it turned out but I did make it a little big. Here is the items that I used to make this card. 

Cardstock -- Close To My Heart
Paper -- DCWV
Circle Punch -- Martha Stewart (Triple Loop Edge Punch)
Christmas Lights -- A Tree For Me
Colored Markers
Colored Pencils

I do hope you enjoyed this post and my card. Don't be afraid to leave me a comment to let me know what you think about the card. Of course, go to Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog and look at the other cards that our design team made and then add your card for us all to see. Hope you have a wonderful week and I will see you next Sunday.

1 comment:

cass said...

Wonderful Michelle, I agree it is an adorable image, great DT inspiration for the die cut challnge at Robyn's Fetish Challenges this week.