Wednesday, July 2, 2014

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CARD


Hello on this Wednesday. I have never posted anything that I just done on my own so I have a card that especially done for my father who I adore. He has come off as a big scary guy but he has a soft side that some people rarely see.

His wedding anniversary was Saturday, June 28. He has been married to my mom for 39 years. He really never says anything about his anniversary year after year. He is from old school where you work from sun-rise to sun-down, seven days a week. So we all excepted that from childhood to now.

On a rare occasion he stopped at my house to ask me to make a card for my mom for their anniversary. He told me what to put in it, which was very simple so I put my added touch in there thinking of the things about their relationship over the years. I didn't want the traditional Happy Anniversary. I wanted something different. I went through my inspiration books and titles to make sure they were a match for each other. I decided to use Now and Forever with a nice saying on the inside with what my dad wanted it to say. I would like to show you what I made.



I have never done this with something that I made but I cried when it was all finished. I knew this was something that was going to blow her mind. My dad even said this is really nice which is a big compliment coming from him. He gave it to my mom in a box that I recycled and wrapped. She cried and thought that the anniversary was going to be the same as every other year. He really surprised her. I knew I would be getting a call after he gave it to her. This was a very touching thing my dad did and I'm so glad that I was a part of it. My mom has it setting on the table for people to see as they come in the door. I knew they liked what I made but this was for their special day.

Happy Anniversary Dad & Mom

No comments: